If you haven't heard of Bizzy Lizzy Bakery , you ought to go to the website. Sheila runs the first and only flourless bakery in the country, and her goodies are delicious. You can purchase baked goods, along with mixes on her page.
Well, today I was making up a mess of slow cooker meatballs from Nicole over at Gluten Free on a Shoestring (they were amazing, by the way), and I needed to come up with some garlic bread for Chance, because we all know that you can't have spaghetti and meatballs without garlic bread.
That is when I remembered the bread mix that Sheila had sent me. With a few additions to the basic mix, I had some delicious garlic cheese biscuits that I can honestly say were a pretty good stand in for the famous biscuits of a certain seafood chain. They were soft and fluffy on the inside, with just the right amount of crunch on the edges.
1 pkg. Bizzy Lizzy flourless bread mix
1 1/3 C warm water
6 TBL butter, melted
1 TBL garlic powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
8 oz finely shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat your oven to 375* F
1. In the bowl of stand mixer, combine contents of package,1/2 tsp of the salt and garlic powder with water for 1 minute, let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Mix 2 minutes with mixer, or 5 minutes if mixing by hand.
3. Add 2 TBL of the melted butter; mix for 30 seconds. Stir in the shredded cheese. The dough will be very sticky and thick at this point.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, place about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined insulated baking sheet. Press the tops down just a bit. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
5. Add parsley to remaining melted butter with 1/4 tsp salt and brush onto the biscuits when you remove them from the oven.