I make these up in the evening, and all they have to do is pop one in the microwave for about 10 seconds for a warm breakfast that is filling and tasty. They also freeze well, so you can double the recipe and freeze some.
This recipe makes 6 muffins.
1/2 C coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
4 eggs, room temperature
1/3 C sour cream or yogurt
1/2 C honey
For the cinnamon mixture:
1 1/2 TBS cinnamon
2 TBS honey
3 TBS brown sugar
2 TBS melted butter
1/4 C chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350*F and place liners in your muffin tin or grease them.
1. In a medium bowl, mix together coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Add your eggs, sour cream and honey to the coconut flour mixture, making sure to mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow coconut flour to absorb liquid while you make the cinnamon mixture.
3. Combine all of your cinnamon mixture in a small bowl.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, put the muffin mix into your muffin tin, filling them about 1/3 of the way. Place a spoonful of the cinnamon mix in the center of the batter, and top with batter to about 2/3 full.
5. Spread another spoonful of cinnamon mixture on top of the batter.
6. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I whip up some icing for them while they are still warm, but they are good without it.