I mean, who can resist that sweet, salty perfection that is so easily popped up on your stove top?!?
This is one of our favorite movie night snacks, and pops up in a matter of a few minutes.
1/4 C coconut oil
1/2 C popcorn kernels
1/4 C sugar (I use Florida Crystals)
1 tsp salt
1. Melt your coconut oil in a large pot over medium high heat
2. Add popcorn, sugar and salt; stir well. Place a lid on your kettle, and wait to hear the corn pop.
3. Once the corn starts popping, shake your pot continuously until the popping slows.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Pour into a bowl, making sure to keep the 'old maids' out(we don't want to bite onto one of those!), and stir a few times while cooling. It is sticky when it's hot.
6. Once cooled, it can be stored in an airtight container.